International faculty are invited to submit course proposals for Universidade da Coruña's International Summer School, which will be held in A Coruña in the summer of 2019. Courses shall be entirely taught in English. Each intensive course shall have a total teaching load of 42 hours divided into two weeks (from 22nd July to 2nd August) and will have an academic value of 6 ECTS credits.
Visiting teachers shall meet the following requirements:
Universidade da Coruña (UDC) will offer the following conditions:
Visiting teachers shall apply by filling in the following COURSE PROPOSAL FORM (OPEN until December 14th).
Candidates can apply individually or together with another colleague, as long as their teaching periods do not overlap. In the case of joint proposals please send just one form.
Such a form will contain the following information:
Proposals should be submitted by December 14th to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. As soon as the course proposal is received, UDC will confirm it to the applicant by email.
2. All proposals will be analyzed by a committee which will assess the suitability of the course for potential students, as well as the likely demand among them. This committee will consist of the Vice-rector for Internationalization and Cooperation, the Head of the International Relations Office, an IRO administrative officer and a team of experts from the five fields of study. The criteria taken into account will be:
3. Preselected courses will be announced on December 21st.
4. Applicants will be informed if their proposals have been preselected by email. UDC will publish the list of preselected courses on its website, and open the student registration period.
5. Students´registration will be open until 30th April.
6. As soon as the minimum of 5 students are registered on each course and, in any case, by 1st June, visiting teachers will be informed about the final selection.
NOTE: Teachers cannot cancel the course after being preselected. In case of force majeure, teachers must designate a substitute and fill in the following FORM.