International faculty are invited to submit course proposals for Universidade da Coruña's International Summer School, which will be held in A Coruña in the summer of 2020. Courses shall be entirely taught in English. Each intensive course shall have a total teaching load of 42 hours divided into two weeks (from 20th to 31st July) and will have an academic value of 6 ECTS credits.
Visiting teachers shall meet the following requirements:
- They must be in possession of a PhD or equivalent.
- A minimum of B2 level of English will be required. The selection committee might interview the candidates in order to guarantee an appropriate level of English.
- They must be regularly employed at a foreign institution for the whole duration of their teaching visit to the ISS. Their home institution shall be responsible for any wages or social security contributions during this period, and must be willing to sign an interinstitutional agreement and a teaching assignment form that will cover the activity of the visiting teacher at the host Universidade da Coruña.
What we offer
Universidade da Coruña (UDC) will offer the following conditions:
- UDC will pay the visiting teacher for accommodation and meals in a university hall of residence from 19th July to 1st August (any travelling companion costs are not included). Should two lecturers share the same course, each of them will be paid for accommodation and meals only for one week. Further information will be provided.
- At the end of the course, UDC will issue a certificate to the visiting teacher stating the title of the course and the number of teaching hours.
- For those universities eligible for Erasmus + funds, UDC will sign STA documents from their home universities under the Erasmus mobility for teaching. To this end, it will sign an interinstitutional agreement (if necessary), a letter of invitation, a teaching assignment, and a certificate of the teaching visit, or a letter of invitation as a visiting researcher, as required.
Visiting teachers shall apply by filling in the following COURSE PROPOSAL FORM (DEADLINE: 15th November 2019).
Candidates can apply individually or in collaboration with another colleague, as long as their teaching periods do not overlap. In the case of joint proposals please send just one form.
Such a form will contain the following information:
- General information about the course
- Lecturer information: A brief narrative CV (max. 200 words)
- Course overview
- Learning outcomes
- Course content
- Instructional method
- Required course materials
Proposals should be submitted by November 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Teachers cannot cancel the course after being preselected. In case of force majeure, teachers must designate a substitute and fill in the following FORM.